Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

RD Web Access is emply...

I have run into three reasons why your RD Web Access page would show no RemoteApps, Personal VMs, or VM Pools.

1. check to make sure the Conneciton Broker (or RDSH server, depending on how you are set up) is added to the Windows Authorization Access Group in AD.

2. If you try to make RDSH and RDCB co-exist on the same machine and make the RDSH part of a farm (I have seen people do this for testing and also because they did not want to virtualize and split these role services out). If you do this, when you choose a connection broker in RDWA, RDWA will show no apps. This also breaks RemoteApp and Desktop Connection. Dont try to combine these roles unless RDSH is in redirection mode only. Take the leap and virtualize and split these two role services up if RDSH is in app mode! :)

3. I had this happen to me. My Connection Broker had an unexpected shutdown. After this my RD Web Access portal came up empty, and the event logs on the connection broker (I have more than one RemoteApp/PersonalVM/Pooled VM resource so I use RD Connection Broker)

Event ID:11
RD Web Access was unable to contact pyramid.ash.local, which is the server that is specified as running the RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Management service. Ensure that the name of the server that is specified as running the RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Management service is entered correctly, and that the server is running and available on the network. Error code: 1722.

Of course this was not true. I rebooted the RD COnnection Broker, and then refreshed my RD Web Access page. This did not fix it. I then re-added the RD Connection Broker to RD Web Access Configuration tab, and wha-la. All was fine.

5 comments:

  1. I had the same problem. In the end it turned out that one of my two RD Session Hosts had dissappeared from the Farm. This was according to the Connection Broker, not according to the settings in RD Session Host Configuration. I set the RD Session Host to not be part of a farm, then put it back in the farm...Still no luck

    However, I then decided that my RemoteApp Sources could be corrupted too. So I went onto the Connection Broker and opened the Remote Desktop Connection Manager. I selected RemoteApp Sources and removed the entry for my farm, (the FQDN), then put it back. Hey Presto! It worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, splitting the RDSH from the RDWA worked for me... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this blog while searching for another roblem...if your RDWeb session is populated with apps but the icons themselves are missing, try turning on compatibility mode in IE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same problem for me with IE 10 (Win 7). Compatibility mode fixed it ;-). Thanks for the tip Vic.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I researched this issue "The RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Management service terminated with the following error: %%-2147023564" and this page was available as the second option. I thought with such a good ranking that it would at least provide something useful about the error, but alas, it does not. It is a known issue which Microsoft has a hotfix for here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2525608. great work as always.

    ReplyDelete