Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

RemoteApp and Desktop Connections "update was unsuccessful"


When you configure RemoteApp and Desktop Connections applet to provide RemoteApps to users via the Start Menu you may run into this error:

This error in RemoteApp and Desktop Connections is due to a difference between what you specify in the control panel applet as the feed URL, and the subject name on the certificate on the RD Web page.

For instance, my name on my certificate is: rdweb.ilove2ski.net.  But my feed is set to a local URL instead: https://rdweb.ash.local/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspx

These two places much match. 

So I change my web feed URL to: https://rdweb.ilove2ski.net/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspx,

In order for my internal users to understand where to go for this external URL, I add a dns zone (ilove2ski.net)  and DNS entry pointing rdweb.ilove2ski.net to the internal IP address of the RD Web server (or do loopback through your firewall if it supports it).

No comments:

Post a Comment